Thursday, April 05, 2007

small world

Today I left the mainland to meet Sailor we had been chatting recently. He met me at the end of my journey and drove me to his home which has a great view. On our way to his place we chatted about how he came to be living where he is now. Years ago he had emigrated to Australia but has been in his current location for over a decade. He then told me that he had grown up in Kent just as I had, but in a different town. I told him the name of the town I grew up in. He knew it well and asked if I knew the coach house hotel. Know it yes I did as I had been receptionist there for 1 1/2 yrs before I had my eldest child. The spooky thing is that he had worked in exactly the same hotel a couple of years earlier as assistant manager.


I cant write much more tonight as my legs ache so much I can hardly think straight. Mind you he was in a lot more pain than me when we parted.

1 comment:

Cherrie said...

Well, that's tantalizing! Your legs ache because . . .

I know how I would want to end that sentence!