Wednesday, February 14, 2007

the warning


Yesterday I got an unexpected phone call. It was late lunch time when my mobile rang, I looked at the screen to see who it was but it said private call. Quickly my mind ran over the possibilities. One of the schools, the job centre, one of the companies I take calls from. I heard my name, it was a woman with a fairly deep voice she checked that it was me on the phone.

You don’t know me but I know you

(very curious is this someone trying to stir up problems between me and my boyfriend) Perhaps it was his most recent g/f before he came back to me. But the voice continued.

It is amazing what you can find on the internet….If you sleep with my husband again I shall find you.

All I could think to say was …..who is your husband?...... but the line had gone dead.

I am wracking my brain now …who could it be. My immediate thoughts went to my two lovers they are both married. SL I hadn’t slept with for about 3 months. It could be his wife but unlikely although I had left him a message on the net last night inviting him over to my place today if he wasn’t too busy. I hadn’t heard from him since last week apart from the heart text he had sent me which I then passed on.
PL I had seen last week for the first time since before xmas. We had been exchanging text and email messages for several days. Who else was there?
I have been chatting to lots of guys but I haven’t been sleeping with them. Or at least not for sometime, certainly not this year. My guess is that this woman who ever she is thinks her husband is sleeping away and she has found my number thinking its me. I wonder if she has made the same call to anyone else. I even asked N if he had gone and got himself married without telling me. After all his last girlfriend wanted to marry him so did the one he was seeing last year when he was alternating between the two of us. I seem to be the only one who hasn’t wanted to marry him within weeks. We chat about the call and discuss who it might be not that hes much help although he knows I was seeing others while we were apart. He says that if I get any more calls to let him know.
Later I text both SL and PL I got a phone call today warning me off. It may have been your mrs.
Within minutes they have both replied. Both convinced that it wasn’t their wife.

I really am baffled now.
Several times I go through the list of men that I sent the heart text to yesterday.

GB we have met once for coffee a few months ago……possible hes married I think
GM he is definitely single and we haven’t met up since September although we chat 3 or 4 times a week
ND He says hes separated his family in another part of the country …we met once but didn’t sleep together
DS hes been chatting to me recently …sure hes single but anyway hes in another part of the country and we have never met
IS is apparently still married although they have lived in different countries for several years. We have chatted on and off for months but never met
MM we have been platonic friends for about 9 months we help each other out, giving advice on each others relationships from the male/female point of view. Hes single and we are just friends he isn’t local either
KE we met once months ago he text me from time to time, has been single for years, rarely in the country
NW divorced met once back in early September, from another part of the country, also spends lot of time out of the country
PF, local tells me hes single have chatted a few times, text from time to time never met
RR met once before xmas, is now separated, not local
FF met once with his g/f has invited me out for lunch but not made any plans.
SJ never met tells me hes single wants to meet up soon.

I’m going to try to put it out of my mind. Whoever this woman was I am single and can see who I like, if her husband has been playing away from home either with me or someone else that is a problem between them not me. He wouldn’t be coming to me if everything was fine at home. Still I am curious to know who it is.

Update: This morning GB decided to chat online, this is very rare. I tell him about the call and it came about 10/15 minutes after I had sent him an email.
After a few minutes he tells me not to worry about it as he knows where it came from but not who it was. This confuses me. But he goes on to explain that when he text his colleagues at new year he had done so in groups. Apparently some of the people got the wrong text. One of his colleagues asked him if he had meant to send the text he did, then showed him what he had sent. He had managed to send them a text conversation we had had a few days earlier. I don’t know how many people had received that text, but he thinks it was one of them who called me pretending to be his wife.

6 comments:

Southern Swinger said...

At times it pays to be careful. Take care and watch your flanks

Freddy said...

I'm not at all convinced by GB's explanation.
1 - how did he manage to send colleagues a text from 'a few days earlier'?
2 - why would his colleagues make a call like that?
3 - it just rings untrue bells!

But as you say, you're single and this is not your problem.
I did smile when I read your response.
I am very cautious about answering the phone when there is a withheld number, but since the voicemail intro identifies me I really don't have a choice about answering or not.
The 'other' phone rang with a private number the other week and I answered it very cautiously...... it was S from a call box because her mobile had no signal :-)

Sexy Vixen said...

Freddy I couldn't quite see how the explanation from GB could have worked.....why would whoever it was wait so long and how would they have found my mobile number.
I only ever answer my phone (which ever one it is) with 'hello'. I learnt many years ago never to give my name.

Vi said...

Just dont worry about it vixen. She's the one with the problem, not you.

Cherrie said...

Hmmm . . . perhaps a case of mistaken identity? Or the caller was angry about infidelity and just wanted to get back at someone, but randomly chose you?

My rule is we all are adults, and if one of my lovers is not being honest about our relationship with his/her other partner, that's his/her choice and problem, not mine.

Sexy Vixen said...

I am not particularly bothered about it as I know it is not my problem but theirs. However I am very curious to know who it was. I was talking about it with n last night (he was asking if I knew who it was). I thought the only way to find out was to sleep with everyone of the men on my general phone list to see what happened.
He says if I do that I will be on my own again. Maybe worth considering.