Monday, November 05, 2007

Desire

homework this week has been to write about something that we try to forget about but it just keeps growing. I had no idea what i was going to do until it came to me this morning. suddenly I knew exactly what I would do.

Desire


Since first I saw your name
It is with difficulty
That I keep it contained
This desire I have inside

Since first your name appeared
I have tried so hard
To push aside
These feelings deep inside

Since first we spoke
I have tried to crush
To bury deep those memories
The growing heat inside

It is just a year
Since last I heard
You whisper in my ear
Mmmmm raspberry

It is just a year
Since last I saw
Your lovely face
As you taste raspberry

For many months
I have put you aside
To see your name
Or hear your voice

Would have brought
Such joy
But nothing
was all I heard

But now
You are back
You promise me
Questions will be answered

I am not there now
In that place
Where you left me
The silence unbroken

I am moving forward
Or so I thought
Until that night
When I saw your name

I tell myself
I cannot go there
Not now
Not ever

But who am I kidding
Feelings that were dormant
Now awoken so suddenly
Building too great

This desire I had
This desire for you
This desire to be once again
Within your arms

This need to feel
Your flesh
Beneath my fingertips
Pressed against me

This desire to
Once again taste the coffee
Upon your lips as
Once again we kiss

2 comments:

nitebyrd said...

Good choice, Lady. The desire is evident and the pain is, too.

Anonymous said...

We all crave desire, but for me... I crave pain..